Thursday, September 10, 2009

Dreams of Loving

For Bill Winslade

Past my childhood guilt
Of stealing Lucky's dog biscuits
My childhood dreams to be reborn
Now to my sharing with Apollo- his biscuits
In our nighttimes imaginations
Sometimes blue..
Not of dogs, but dreams again
not of the women in my life
Only desiring to see their colors, once again
from my Paris nights
to my walks along the Rio Grande trail
from my Aspen days and times of destitution
and my suffering as an artist for so many years.
Lost now ad infinitum
To only be reincarnated within my love for Aldona, my cousin
and to my love that intermingles with my boy
He's not blue either-
He is all.
My muse reborn, not stolen to love
Just mine
Given with a generosity of heart
“but for� the footprints of my women
Upon my mind
to my colors of love once again found
In the night
to dream, again forever.

Robert Denis Don

No comments:

Post a Comment